The Scissor Sweep Overview:
When you take the fight to the ground, your goal is to be on top in the mount. If you end up on the bottom, use the closed guard and immediately neutralize his punches. After that, you should look to upgrade your position (either on top in the mount or on his back). The scissor sweep is a great way to sweep a guy over and get a mount.
Standard Variation: from the range 1 punch block position.
- 1Face push while holding his arm
- 2Plant feet
- 3Shrimp out & lay on side
- 4Put your knee and shin across his upper chest
- 5Grab his arm with your other hand (or grab the collar)
- 6Pull him forward off of his base, extend your legs, and “scissor” your legs to sweep him over